Track List, Description, & Lyrics
here for Apple i-Tunes)
Kids that Like to Think
Bill Pere with the LUNCH Ensemble
1. Word Twister (4:30)
2. Pegasus (4:25)
3. Celestial Symphony (3:15)
4. Anyone Can Make Music (4:46)
5. Homonculus (5:28)
6. What Our Children Teach (3:07)
7. Heart of the Storm (3:01)
8. Jack T. Tation (3:10)
9. Trivial John (3:02)
10 Get Scienced, Get Smart (3:26)
11. March of the Munchkin Mischief Makers (4:40)
12. Give the Children a Tomorrow
13. Surprise Reprise
Lyrics: Click Here!
Listen: Click Here!
Songs For Kids Who Like to Think
songs by Bill Pere, with the LUNCH Ensemble
"My daughter just keeps playing it over
and over -- and now I'm singing the songs too"
(parent, Fairfield, CT)
When was the last time you heard songs that
speak as much to parents as they do to kids?
Songs For Kids Who Like to Think is Bill's
first collection of songs, designed to foster positive discussion and
interaction between kids and their parents. The recording features Bill's
clever, well crafted lyrics, singable music, and harmonies by the LUNCH
Ensemble. The tracks are orchestrated with Bill's distinctive full band
arrangements featuring 12-string acoustic guitar and Midi guitar.
"Homunculus" is one of Bill's very
best story songs, which appeals equally to children and adults. "Give the
Children a Tomorrow" is co-written with multi-Parents Choice Award winner
Les Julian, and has been widely performed in concert. And "Word
Twister" shows off Bill's linguistic acrobatics. This collection will make
you think -- whether you're a child or a parent.
13 Tracks, 49 minutes, Lyric Sheet Included !
Proceeds from the sale of this CD (and all of Bill's CD's) go to help Hunger Relief and
family service agencies, through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH).
If you like lyrically rich songs that have
meaning and are fun to hear and sing:
Songs For Kids Who Like to Think is part of
Bill's children's collection, which also includes "Songs For Kids With
Common Scents", "Songs For Kids Who Touch the Stars",
"Profiles of Connecticut", and the yet-to -be released "Songs for
Kids Who Dare to Dream "
Also, check out Bill's AMERICANA series of
CD's, which includes "Crest of a Wave" (maritime setting),
"Cityscape" (urban setting), "Rural Mural" (rural setting) ,
"High School My School", (high school setting), and "College
Collage" (college setting).
Also check out Bill's spiritual collection,
which includes "You'll See a Much Brighter Day", "New Day Coming
Tomorrow"", and "A LUNCH Ensemble Christmas"
BILL PERE - background highlights
• A national IMC Indie Artist of the Year
• Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995
by CT Commission on the Arts
• President and Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters
• Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United
Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger
relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
• Multiple songs in the Top Ten for more than 100 consecutive weeks, across
various charts on several Internet radio stations
• 15 CD's of original songs recorded and released
• 25 original theater plays produced
• Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
• International appearances and performances with the
Steve Chapin Band
• Official judge and critiquer for national and international songwriting and
• Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for
Community Service through Music
• Founder, Connecticut Songwriting and Performance Conference
• Director, Connecticut Songwriting Academy
• 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of
• 1995 Community Service Award from International
• Five-time recipient of the CSA Award for Outstanding
Community Outreach through Music"
• Author, "Songcrafters Coloring Book -- Songwriting Techniques that Get
• Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation
CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
• Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
• Member Connecticut Music Educators Association
• Internationally published articles in numerous music industry
publications including "Songwriters Market"
• 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
• Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding
Contribution to Education through Music
• First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for
multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
• Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs
for teachers and students